Sunday 30 August 2009

Wild and wet winter's last gasp........maybe?

It's a typical Spring day again today - windy, showers, cold and sunny - usually all at the same time. However, it has been very wet and wild, and with the wind in the west we have had a leak in the downstairs window - again! Lots of towels and wet carpet, but it seems to have stopped now. It only happens when the wind blows hard from the west behind the rain. Consequently I have spent several days laying around in the warmth of the heater, reading. Did take the curtains down in the lounge room on Thursday and take them to my wonderful curtain lady around in the village to have them repaired - they were sun-rotted down the edging of four big drops.  Thought it would take several days to repair, but she got them back to me by 4.00 pm that day and they were back up before the temperature fell too far down. Hopefully that will hold them for another couple of years before we have to replace them - they are nearly 20 years old so I cannot complain about them - they have done good service.

I have not done much crafting - a few father's day cards - but I need to be inspired today to make my granddaughter's birthday card - she will be 6 next week. If it come out OK I will post it up before sending it to her! Meanwhile, I made these cards several weeks ago - what do you think of these?

Saw something similar in a magazine so this is cased, of course. If it is yours, please let me know as I have thrown out the magazine it came from!
Recipe: everything is just layered up and edged in ink
Card - Riding Hood Red from SU; Scraps of Bazzil; strip of Kraft paper from SU (put through the crimper)
Paper - Francis Meyer Paper East India; + scrap of another from Francis Meyer but I have lost the name of it (pretty thought, isn't it!)
Letters - Carolee's Creations Etched Natural sticker letters
Other - dimensionals from SU; brad for door knob; Timber Brown StazOn ink
Again, I cased this from a magazine.  I stuffed up the wings on the butterfly because I didn't think of the direction of the music on the wings when I cut it out and I wasn't until I had completed the card that I realized one wing was different from the other! Say's a lot about me but is fairly typical - rush it, get it done, don't stop to check until it is too late...and I hate going back over things.
Recipe: I used the SU scallop-edged punch and a small hole punch to create the edging on the paper and just layered up. Stamped the music sheet onto scrap blue paper, and then drew a set of butterfly wings onto the back and cut out. Stamped the flower onto card scrap and cut out
Card - SU Red Riding Hood; SU Very Vanilla
Paper - scraps from give-aways in crafting magazines
Stamps - SU One of a Kind; Sheet Music by Imprint Stamps K111
Other - Kaiser pearls, Carolee's Creations Etched Natural sticker letters; ribbon scraps; Tim Holtz Grungeboard Heart; SU Red Riding Hood and Baja Breeze ink; double sided tape.

No comments: