Friday 29 January 2010

Yeah, Yeah I know.....

Late again.  However, I have been busy and not that much time for playing. The family from Canberra have been visiting us for a week and a houseful of 4 year old boy and a 6 year old  sister + parents is different from just me and HUB.....plobably (as Mr 4 would say)! So lovely to see them all though and such a great time had by all. Even enjoyed being jumped on at an early hour in the morning ("...don't look at me Ninny, I am not going to do anything"......oh yeah, sure Jack!)

We even did some crafting on several occasions and they stamped, coloured in and painted with a vengence. In fact they left behind some of the paintings (using images from clip art on the computer and watercolour pencils, water and paintbrushes), and I thought I would make them some cards to give to their friends from them and post them off to Canberra.  So, simple and quick but they look quite good really and Jack was inside the lines most of the time - his colour scheme was interesting and adventurous, while Lily's work also showed origionality! I have attached a few samples from the dozen I made - Jack's choice of images were 'doggies' and trucks' and Lily wanted flowers and unicorns.


I wrote on the cards and used a stamp from a cheap set I purchase several years ago as well as scrap papers and left over card


This is inside of the blue dog card.















Lily's two cards were commercial blanks, and scrap paper, SU stamps and the same plastic stamp used on Jacks, with Stazon black ink.

I have been making other cards for birthdays but usually running late and delivering them before taking a photo.  Also playing lots of card games on the computer and reading books.  HUB had a quick visit to hospital as well (all OK), so life has been interesting!  I do hope to get back into production and back to writing regularly in the blog as well. Here's hoping!!! Cheers,

No comments: