Thursday 11 February 2010

Little Paper Shop Challenge

Another colour challenge from the Little Paper Shop.  This one is red, white and black and could include Valentine's Cards if wanted.  I chose to do a Birthday Card. It is inspired from a card seen in the UK magazine Cards - January 2010, although the colours have been changed and I gave it more of a amateur feel!  I now notice my stamping is well off-centre with the small flower as well - didn't think it was too bad while I was putting it all together! Anyway, here it is...........



I used a SU stamp set called Think Happy Thoughts and SU Whisper White paper, SU Black paper, SU Riding Hood Red paper and ink.  The red glitter on the cake is a cheap rought chopped glitter and the and the ribbon is ......ribbon! Background Paper was from a DCWV  All dressed Up matstack.  Red Kaiser pearls and and SU Circle Scallop punch outlined with black marker makes the flowers, and the base was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder Swiss Dots. The cake and the flowers were also embossed with a Hearts folder from Cuttlebug. That's the advertising! 


I also made a card for my eldest grandchild's 17th birthday yesterday - how old does that make me feel! I used a SugarNellie stamp  - Lola with Gift - I have had for a few months but not yet inked up - it is for winter rather than summer but the little girl is cute, so I went with it anyway  (don't you love the way these stamps from Sugar Nellie come with an Adoption Certificate??!) Pink of course  - she is a pink and purple girl - and I tried to keep it simple. I used my SU markers to colour her in and the SU set Congrats for the sentiment. It was completed with a large Prima Flower Embellisment. Papers were from the scrap section of the stash - and the foam numbers were Thickers. It was all based onto a  SU Pink Pirouette card.  That's it today folks - my HUB is waiting for me to create the stirfry for dinner, so had better shake those tail feathers!

No comments: