Monday 8 February 2010

More Valentines....

I found some acetate sheets and so had to make another box, but this time I thought I would make it for Valentines Day rather than Easter, so I fiddled with the templates and created this!

It is filled with Colombines, and as their packaging is pink and blue (girls and boys?) I decided to stay with those colours and use a blue card insert (SU Tempting Turquoise) and some paper from a ministack from Creativ - Romance Series (it was pink!) I picked up cheaply at K-Mart. I stamped a stamp from SU's I (heart) Hearts using SU ink Pink Passion rolled in Ballet Blue and then stamped on Whisper White card and cut out. The ribbon solved the way I was going to close the box as I had not allowed quite enough foldover to keep the lid down and was contemplating having to use sticky fixes when I realised I could use the SU punch and thread the ribbon through it and tie a bow on the top! Easy-peasy....

I used a Waltzing Mouse sentiment stamp on the back from the Sweetheart set.


Then I thought I would put up some cards I made a few weeks ago using a paper that was free in the back of my magazine Australian Scrapbooking Memories - it was very muted pastels and pretty design with heart flowers and nice swirls.  I had several different bird stamps and I saw a card in another magazine that used a stamped bird image on a printed background.  So I got them all out and had a play.  This is what happened.
This card used stamps from SU set called Always and a sentiment from Waltzing Mouse's set Blessed by You.  A few flowers, some SU Chocolate Chip ink and it was done!  I put the paper front onto a long card made from SU Very Vanilla. 

Same paper background but from the other end so colours were different.  Here I used a stamp from Elusive Images that was free on the UK magazine Craft Stamper recently.  I tried to stamp over the existing heart on the pattern and then used the flowers over the blue hearts on the pattern. The ink was Su Chocolate Chip. The white flower has a pearl centre and the sentiment comes from Waltzing Mouse - Blessed by You again.  A bit of green organzy ribbon to finish and I thought it looked quite good! the background card is a piece of blue bazzil and then this is attached to a card created from SU Confetti White. You could use this card for Valentines if you wanted to or simply as a Thank You card.

The third card was made by stamping many flower stamps I have from a variety of places (too many to name) and a little bird from T J Designs - Song Birds set.  Add some flowers and some jewel brads from SU, backed the grey paper on a piece of green scrap and then all of it on another piece of the background paper and stamped 'thank you' from the SU set For a Friend, mounted it all on a white card blank and 'Bob's your Uncle'!

No comments: