Saturday 17 April 2010

Recycling of Wine Bottle Labels

Have you ever noticed the lovely labels on wine bottles?  Some of them are real works of art.  Thursday night we had dinner with friends at the local yacht club and shared a bottle or two of wine. Those who drank red drank a Shiraz Grenache from the Barossa (not me unfortunately, I love red wine but it does not like me). One of the girls peeled the label of a bottle and handed it to me and I then tried to peel another one off but not quite as successfully.  However, I then had to start up the mojo and try and come up with a card created from the label.  Here it is - plus a tag to go with it.  I will enter the tag in Just Scraps challenge for this week.  I used my cuttlebug and a variety of embossing folders before I decided to use the metal baroque swirls and the red bubbles. I also use a clip art image, changed slightly, for the inside of the card.  Some ribbons and a quote from a site on www printed up by the computer and hey presto!


The card that goes with it!


Inside the card.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Love your card Susan - and the tag. Both are very striking. Perhaps I need to drink more wine to add to my stash. :) Sounds like a good plan! Seriously though, isn't it amazing how many found items we can use in our cards and layouts. Every day I see something new. Thanks for playing along at Just Scraps. Hope you return for our next challenge. We'll be posting later today.

Monica said...

So very creative that... love that. I am a big fan of recyled stuff... do visit my site and have a look.

I have become your follower quite unhesitatingly.

xxx Monica