Monday 31 May 2010

'Just Scraps' are not just scraps!

I have just recieved a very nice email from Jean at 'Just Scraps' telling me to select a paper piecing package from http://www.paperandpiecings.com/ as I had been selected for this week's bounty!  YUM. Thanks Jean! I, of course, chose a frog! I use a lot of scraps in my work - I have three whole drawers full of paper and card scrap  I cannot throw anything away that might be useful one day!

 I have a couple of cards to put up as well, constructed over the weekend. The first one was a construction only as I had made all the bits a while ago - the girl is a digi image coloured with copics, when I was first learning to do this.  I masked her out after colouring her in and sponged green ink around the image.  She is printed up on SU Glossy White and I only had about 6 copics then, so colour choice was limited.  It is mounted on royal blue scrap and the ricrac matches the purple well.  The flower and leaves are from another digi from Fred She Said, coloured with copics as well and then with Dimentional Magic - just to see what happened! The leves and petals curled nicely and the shine is excellent. The card is a commercial blank from Regal Press.


The second card is also using SU Glossy White and sponging, but this time I sponged some SU inks (Old Olive, So Saffron, Melon Mambo and Apricot Appeal) on the card to start with and then stamped over this with a Memento London Fog ink. I used copics to put some additional colour onto the image and drew in the flight of birds in the top RHS.  The stamps are two sets - SU Lovely as a Tree and WMS Irish Blessings for both the house and the sentiment. I used my stamp positioner to line up the horizon on the two stamps to try and give an illusion of one big picture.  I cut the resulting image into three and mounted it on black and then again on SU Melon Mambo card. The sentiment is stamped with SU Close to Cocoa ink.


The third card again used the SU Lovely as a Tree - but this time it is on SU Whisper White and the stamp was coloured using SU markers. The sentiment is from SU Greetings Galore (no longer available). I mounted it on Chocolate Chip then Close to Cocoa card and used a piece of My Mind's Eye DP, Bohemia BH2158 as background and a piece of ribbon from Kaisercraft. The buttons came from my Mum's old button box - and it sent me back on a journey of memories as I sorted through the various colours and button there; took me about an hour to get the buttons because I was reliving old times. The card blank is Close to Cocoa.


Card number four is another cased idea, using the sentiment, which I created on the computer. Cut out and mounted on Lovely Lilac card, and sponged with Elegant Eggplant it looked OK. The stamp is one from Inky Antics, stamped onto Canson 250g paper, and coloured with Copics after stamping with Memento London Fog.  However, because it was not dark enough I then went over the outlines in black pen. The background is from a booklet of paper  - DCWV Pocket Full of Posies - and has sparkly bits on it as well! The card is a commercial blank from Regal Press.

The fifth card is a case using the SU Think Happy Thoughts stamp set, and it was meant to be quick and simple.  However, when I stamped the flowers onto the Bashful Blue card I didn't get them in the correct place, so they are not aligned; the sentiments are stamped in Melon Mambo and are OK, but the centre one was out of align and the flower in the middle wasn't in the middle (you cannot see it now because I used one of my delicious new flowers from Celebrations Wild Roses to cover that up); and I used some bling to disguise the other mess; and to top it all, I didn't like it once it was done either, so a revamp was necessary. I then mounted the Whisper White onto Melon Mambo card, added the flower and bling and decided it would do.


The inside has a white inset stamped with other sentiments and several flowers from the same set as before.

No comments: