Sunday 16 May 2010

Sunny Sunday

A post from a sunny day - this is the card I was putting together while Jessica was sailing in yesterday.  It is made from paper piecing and it was fun to make. I used some scraps to make it and the card was made from a piece of SU Always Artichoke green. 


The background paper was made several years ago when I was first playing with mica paints and sprays.  The green inked bottom was a left over from something else I was doing on a piece of SU Very Vanilla and I had used the spare paper to protect the desk from overspray, and then found that the effect was too good to throw away.  I took a bit of this and crumpled it, and then swiped it with the SU Chocolate Chip ink pad and then ironed it to make it lie flat on my card.  This was an attempt to make it look 'old'. The mica overspray is also glittery in gold and green and in the light has a shimmer that makes the card look modern also. The dinausaur was freecut following a picture in my ideas book, and I cut out his arm seperately, and his teeth.  I used my decorative scissors here and simply slipped the cut piece into the mouth of the beast.  Some black pen for his stripes and black and brown inks to dirty him up and he looked OK. I used dimentionals to lift him off the sheet a bit.  The sentiment is typed up on the computer onto Reflex paper and then coloured with a variety of Tim Holtz Distressed inks to make it look old and dirty.  This was layered onto a scrap of green card and the whole image was then layered onto Close to Cocoa



I then thought it needed to be completed by a further comment inside and used Reflex paper again.  I layered up the comment after dirtying it as before, and glued it into the centre of the sheet.  I stamped the bottom of the paper with three different stamps, two from SU Pocket Silhouettes stamped off in Old Olive and Close to Cocoa, and then a Verve stamp set (Love is???) in Chocolate Chip. I was trying to create ancient swamp idea! I did have fun making it though!

No comments: