Sunday 6 June 2010

Frogs - and me.....

Jean at Just Scraps provided a paper piecing kit for entrants in her challenge a few weeks ago (see last blog) , and because I entered I got one! So, as I am a frog addict, I got a frog and here it is!  It is a bit too big for a card though, so I thought I might make it the front cover of a child's booklet about frogs.  Sometime in the next future, when I have time.........but it is a fermenting idea.

Cute Huh! Thank's heaps Jean.

Now, she has a new challenge this week - Just Scraps Challenge Number 10!  It is Dandelion Yellow.  That's why mine is a rose..............but a yellow rose! It is as a result of a playdate I had with Lynda's Mum, Anne - who is visiting from the UK.  Anne is also a StampinUp demonstrator, and she makes beautiful cards.  You can see on her blog here.  Back to the entry: it is using one of her SU stamp sets called A Rose is a Rose, which is a 2 step stamping set.  Anne showed myself and my friend Gimi this technique and I was practicing this (badly) and this is the result. 



I have used a scrap of green from my scrap store, and then embossed it with the cuttlebug and layered the flower, which was stamped twice- using SU So Saffron and Summer Sun  - and fussy cut. The sentiment is from Verve stamps, and is also stamped twice - once in green and once in yellow ink - onto SU Confetti White paper. The green card is also layered onto the Confetti White which has been distressed. The ribbon is a striped one I have picked up somewhere like Spotlight. All has been put onto a cream commercial blank.

No comments: