Monday 14 June 2010

Holiday time - Queen's Birthday Long Weekend!

Funny we should have a holiday for the Queen's birthday when she is not even our Queen (well, only nominally) and it is not even her birthday!  It has been a lovely blue winter's day - sun shining and no wind.

Thought I would use up the two images I created at a Copic's class I went to last weekend for two hours, to learn how to use the pens properly.  I have neither stamp, as they are old one's belonging to the instructor - but they are cute and good for colouring.  So, they are done using only a few colours in Ciao's - I will try to remember which ones.  I made two cards.

This one will be entered in the Friends Having Fun Colour Challenge #3 and the Creative Cottage Challenge #14 - Going Pink!



I used SU card so my colours are the new Melon Mambo, and Green Galore, with Lovely Lilac.  The ribbon is from the stash, and the punch for the bottom is one of Martha Stewart's - Doily Hearts Edge.  I saved some of the punched out hearts and stuck one on the image and several inside on the inset. I added three bits of bling (big bits).  The sentiment is from WMS - Asian Garden. The Ciaos used were Dress -  BV00, BV02 (plus one I borrowed for the trim), Hair - W3, E43, E32, YR00, Skin - YR00, Flowers - RV04 (probably) and lots of white gel pen.  The whole lot was outlined with C1.


This card used only a few Ciao pens - YR00 and YR02, darkened down with E43, and outlined with C1.  The bow is done with BG01 and B05. The eyes and the star were coloured with B05.    The image is mounted on blue paper, and on a sheet from a pad of Adhesive Paper Prints by DCWV. The blue ribbon is Celebrate, and the sentiment is a sticker from a booklet purchased from Joann's in Denver, USA. The whole is then mounted onto a commercial card blank.



This one was inspired by a clothing label attached to a new vest in black and red colours (abstract flowers) - the label is Motto.  I really liked this image of the girl drawn from the back, and so used it in this card.  The image is attached to a piece of black patteren paper roughly torn and then sponged with SU Riding Hood Red. The Whisper White card piece it is attached to was stamped with the SU background stamp Sanded, in the same red ink.  The gaffer tape is from 7 gypsies, and the word and flower are from a collection of chipboard pieces I had collected some time ago in a kit.  I do not know the name of the collection. All was then mounted onto a commercial card blank. I think it looks fresh!

2 comments:

Laura B said...

Wonderful cards! Thank you for playing along again with us at Friends Having Fun, we really appreciate it!:)

hugs,
Laura

Daniella said...

Your coloring is wonderful!! I love the trims too! Thanks so much for joining us this month at FHF!!