Sunday 27 June 2010

It's nice to feel well again..........

I have not been well - nothing earthshattering, just nasty. It is pleasing to be feeling human again.  I have not felt much like making anything, but did promise a get-well card (on commission) for a male who supports Essendon Football Club.  Also have a friend who is about to undergo a knee-replacement operation, so had to make him a card, and then decided I had a few hours left before the end of the day today, so made one card for a few challenges.

Challenges:

Just Scraps #13 - Schools Out
Little Paper Shop LPSC73 - bright and colourful
Mojo Monday Sketch 144  - MOJO144



The card is SU Brocade Blue.  The paper is a piece left over from a baby boy kit I had (unknown maker).  The sentiment stickers are old; the background square is from Prima Flowers packaging; the tags and frame are from my stash from years past; the image (stamped with black Memento ink and coloured with Copics) is from a stamp by Shirley's2Girls - Grace with balloons; and the letter stickers are also old from the stash.



This is the commissioned card.  The background was created using the thinner strip in WMS - Picnic Patterns and following the instructions in Claire's blog on how to make a plaid background. I used SU Riding Hood Red and Basic Grey for the Football team colours, and then used the sentiment from the WSM - Asian Gardens.  The image is a rubber stamp from that I collected free with my magazine subscription Craft Stamper and is about 12 - 18 months old. I used Memento black to ink it and coloured it with Copics to create the idea of the Essendon jumper.  The football is from the computer.  I layered up the image and the senitment with black and then red card to lift them off the page a bit, and used dimentionals under the football also. Here is a close-up of the injured person:


The next card uses a digi image from I Brake for Stamps, of a frog on a walker.  I thought it appropriate for my friend as he is going to be using a cane or walker for a few weeks after an operation to repair/replace his knee.  I printed it off on my old inkjet printer,  and used the Copics to colour it, and then assembled it using SU Green Galore card, and SU craft card, and my Fiskar's loop punch. A bit of green ribbon and the sentiment is from WSM - Asian Gardens, stamped in SU Handsome Hunter. Inside the card used the same image. I tried to be amusing but it falls a bit flat.





No comments: