Tuesday 6 July 2010

Another Birthday in July....

This month there are a lot of birthdays....and one special one is that of my friend Bev, who turns 70 on Friday.  This is the woman who introduced me to sailing, and to my husband.  So, you can see she is a special friend and someone who is full of positive energy. This birthday for her will be lowkey as her partner is going into hospital on Thursday to have a knee replacement done.  We had a celebration last night for her at my house with my family who all know her as an 'aunt'. It was fun.


Her card is simple and the charms are nautical for a reason. The card is from the Coredination's Whitewash collection, and the ribbon is from Joann's in the USA. The numbers are handcut.  The card went through the cuttlebug and was embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  The bottoms of the card and paper are punched with SU border punches. The base card is SU Elegant Eggplant and the whole is swiped with the ink in the same colour around the edges. The button is a heart one from a local craft shop with the back of the button cut off.  Simple and elegant, like my friend. Cheers. my dears.......



1 comment:

Joyce across the Pond said...

This is a very suitable card for a special person with nautical leanings....thinking of you sailing and leaning away out (don't know the nautical term!) - the charms are so good. Also the swirls on the background remind me of the sort of carvings one gets on old clipper ships etc....(don't know the correct term for those either). Weather in Hobart - 5 degrees!!! Cool.