Thursday 5 August 2010

It's Raining!

There is even talk of snow on the mountain! WOW - finally, after all it is winter!

One card - two Challenges today:
Little Paper Shop   LSPC#79
Mojo Monday 150 Contest - MOJO150


I used the colours from LPS of Bright Blue, Chocolate and Bright Pink with the sketch from Mojo to create this.  I have so many bits of stash laying around that I decided to use scraps of paper to complete this so spent the next hour searching for the correct bits of paper and card to match up.  I then used the SU stamping set Happy Thoughts for the sentiment and I used a Martha Stewart edge punch Doily for the scalloped bottom of the lips card, by Elsie called Claire First Kiss. I bought this origionally to make a card for my eldest granddaughter when she turned 16! The Chocolate chip is behind the striped paper which also has brown on it, and there are brown spots on the spotty paper as well. The whole lot is on a white card blank.  I used the SU scalloped circle punch and the big circle punch from SU for the centre. Some ribbon and two pink brads to complete.

                                      

I also made a card using the free flower stamp from Craft Stamper last month by Innovative Stamp Creations (love it) and stamped with black ink (Memento) onto red card that had been through a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I then took a piece of Whisper White and stamped three flowers onto that at a regular interval.  I then photocopied this and cut out the flowers on the photocopy to create masks for the flowers, and once they were in place, overstamped the sheet with a large script background stamp using SU Riding Hood Red ink. After sponging the edges with more of this ink, it was mounted onto black card. I added the red flowers with glittery brads. The background paper for this card did not have its name on it but has distressed multi-coloured stripes on the back - its a great paper. The whole was put onto a red folded card and is quite tall.  I also like the grungy look of the flowers and the not quite perfect stamping fades a bit.

I have been painting with acrylic paint - this is my first attempt! (Not complete yet I may add).  I have been learning to get a reflection on the water - very interesting.  Hopeless artist of course, but I do enjoy it!




No comments: