Saturday 2 July 2011

Success! Three Mices down!

It's sad really, as they are so cute but they were running all over my craft space yesterday, and on the bookshelves and I even watched one shimmy up the brick wall!  They knocked my template designs off the shelves and I know I now have to clean up my space thoroughly in the next few days to find the nest!

I have been sorting things to day and doing other (paid) work, so haven't made much except this - one of the things knocked off the shelf by a mouse was a little favour box made for me by my SU rep. I decided to CASE it - so here it is!



It is made with the SU Hope set, where $2 for each set sold goes to the Breast Cancer Research. The set will not be available after July, so if you are interested in it, let me know.  I have made the box with SU DP that is no longer available but is still in my stash.  I stamped the background words three times with SU ink Orchard Opulence (also out of date) stamped off, after masking off the H stamp which is stamped in Old Olive. I distressed the edges of the SU Whipser White square, and inked them; then distressed the edges of the green scrap piece and the purple Concord Crush (SU) piece.  These are layered and then put on the outside of the bag. A bit of ribbon tied through holes punched by the SU Double Rectangle punch keeps it closed.  It is big enough to put several small chocolates or similar. 

My entry in the Southern Girls Challenge  here gained me a top 5 position - yippee!

No comments: