Thursday 8 September 2011

A Bad Week

Started off last week with lots of final work for the Census, with my Collector's books needing to be reconciled and all the material needing to be counted (enumerated!) and sorted - took four days and a very sore back to complete.  Then I took one of those phone calls that you don't like getting. News that one of my sisters had died on her way to an overseas holiday. So, not a lot done.

Since then I have not done very much at all, but today I completed a card I had started for a challenge two weeks ago and just never got completed. Here it is - Tilda has been masked and then the garden and wall stamped over her, and both were coloured with Copics. I then decided to cut her out with a die, and practice the technique of only partly cutting her out - didn't work that well but I get the drift on how to do it. The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley, and all the inks and card is SU. Flowers are Prima. 



I also went to the SU Regional Seminar, and there were several make and takes - I made one but it is not very good - my mind was not engaged. Lots of lovely stuff and while I had no swaps made, some lovely people shared anyway - here they are:


My poorly make and take one, with SU materials of course, and we were all given this stamp set - Under the Big Top - and the wheels and box were made with punches and die cuts, and images coloured with SU pens in watercolour style.


Little envelopes stamped as well


Four small cards - I mucked up the celebrate banner


This is one lovely swap - the sparkle on the swirls is very pretty and the butterfly is gorgeous. 


Another swap idea. 

Then I was given a card last week as well from a friend to whom I have introduced SU and card making to, and this is her card to me -it's so good, thanks Gimi :




No comments: