Sunday 23 October 2011

Making them by the dozen.....

Christmas cards, that is.  I purchased a 12 x 12 sheet from Meg's Garden (actually, I purchased several other things as well, but this one is in red and white, with black line drawings - the Designs Galore - Old Fashioned Christmas on Red sheets) and then didn't quite know what to do with this one.  I played around a bit and then came up with these  I have made a baker's dozen from this sheet, and still have some small images left over,which I will probably put inside the cards when I prepare them for sending. Here is the batch, and I will show only one or two others - you will get the idea!


Sorry about the sun ruining the shot - came out just as I clicked it!


I used all Stampin'Up card, especially Whisper White and black, except for most of the base cards, which are commercial.  I roughly coloured most of them with SU markers using the water paint technique and in the process discovered I can use my biggest acrylic block for stamps as a nice palette! 


The embellies are all from my Christmas stash, except for this felt ribbon of flowers, which is out of my ordinary stash! This brad I have had now for three years and finally used it! The embossing folder is the Sissix Snowflakes one, and I also used Swirls a few times. 


The sentiment is from SU


The ribbon lace is an SU punch.



1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

Susan - such a super collection of cards - they all have a lovely vintage feeling!