Sunday 29 January 2012

Beautiful Day

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary but I was teaching a Copic class in the afternoon so today my lovely husband took me to lunch at the beautiful winery Meadowbank, near Richmond today instead to celebrate. 

Here is a photo (taken from the web) of the winery and the view - its greener today than this photo indicates.

The sky was a clear brilliant blue today as well!

We had a fabulous meal and shared a beautiful bottle of Chardonnay.  The service was superb. Now, my hubby is sound asleep snoring on the couch upstairs with the TV on - it is 35 degrees outside,and although there is a sea breeze, we are tucked around the corner at our house and don't get it.  The sky is still a clear beautiful blue and I have been able to go to the workroom and make a lovely card! What more could you want!

Here is my card:


The card used is SU Whisper White, Lucky Limeaid and Cherry Cobbler.  The base card is Kraft from Papermania.  The ribbon is a rich burgundy from my stash, stamped with SU Kraft white ink - using a sentiment from WMS - Little Trees. The centre sentiment stamp is a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine, by Banana Frog stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured the centre of the circle with a Copic pen. The leaves are die cut using Sizzix Little Leaves from SU. I cut a circle using two Nestabilities (one inside the other) from the green card and then attached the leaves to it using glue to create the wreath.  I took some flowers from I Brake for Stamps (red ones on wire and wound them around the card) and Peterloo (white ones glued on). I have tied a bit of seam binding ribbon on the side.  I thought it looked quite pretty!

I had one leave set left over so added it to the inside of the card, which is layered in the red and then white card and stamped with a suitable sentiment from Stamp It.







2 comments:

Monica said...

SO attractive and eye catching. Love it to bits. Look at those lovely red flowers cleverly wound around the card.

Happy belated wedding anniversary - glad that you had a good time and that DH slept on the couch - snoring away while you could get this super creation finished.

Monica

Dr Sonia S V said...

How stylish this is Susan
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com