Saturday 14 January 2012

Keeping it Simple

This is not as easy as it sounds.  Susan at Simplicity has challenged us to make a card using a single layer, and the colours of pink and red only, no others.  I have thought about this for a few days and yesterday I got a delivery from Stampin' Up with several new stamp sets.  I tried them out.

OWL#74

The little pink heart is crooked - deliberately? - sadly, no. The stamp set used is a new one from the Summer catalogue called You Are Loved and the little pink heart is from an older set called I (Heart) Hearts. The ink is Cherry Cobbler and the pearls are white Kaiser coloured up with a Copic pen to match. The card is a glossy white commercial blank and I rounded the corners.  


This is more than one layer but I like the simple look - again it is a stamp set from the mini called Pretty Postage and is punched out using the Postage Stamp Punch.  The ink is Cherry Cobbler and the card is a commercial blank. In both cards I tried to follow Susan's rule of thirds when positioning the images. 


3 comments:

Merry said...

Both of these are wonderful.......

Deborah Frings said...

Susan - great cards. I particularly like the stamp on your first card - the flourish around the words is lovely, and you've used one of my favourite colours too! Love the stamp 24-7 on the second card too!

Carol said...

Wonderful cards! Really like the first one...if you didn't tell us, no one would have ever known the little pink heart was unintentionally crooked. I think it looks whimsical and goes very well with the focal stamp!