Tuesday 3 January 2012

Playing Around

The Christmas tree is down and the ornaments packed away; the cards are down and waiting to be dealt with (re-read with scissors to enjoy the greetings and save the useful stuff before I recycle the rest); the guest has departed and the room stripped, linen washed and dried and ready to make up the bed again.....the temperature was 32 degrees at its highest and the day was WARM (muggy)!

Sooo, what better excuse to play than that! I purchased a piece of clothing towards the end of last year and it had a label that had a silver moon in a circle. I took it downstairs and it floated on my desk for a while until one day I idly added a red velvet circle that was also floating. I liked the look but didn't get to make it up into anything until today.  I saw the Annabelle Stamps Blog Challenge Sketch #045 and thought about what I could make and my eye fell on the moon - so it was done!


This is the back of the label about to be stuck onto the orange sparkly card


The sparkly orange card is the DCWV Citrus pack I have been playing around with lately, and the black card I die cut the black from the stash; the ribbon is from Papermania and the black stars are from the cutouts. The sentiment is a rub-on and the red circle is from the Jenni B Collection. The base card is a commercial blank.  The bling stars are from Annabelle Stamps (they cover some of the writing on the tag). It's put together with double sided tape and dimentionals on the moon tag. 

I was given some chocolates by a friend (thanks Deborah) for Christmas and liked the little box they came in - when opened out it became obvious it was a great template, so I used it to create my own little box.  It is not decorated yet - but soon!











6 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! I love this card and that box is terrific. I only got standard rectangular boxed chocolates for Christmas (not that I am complaining) so now I will be on the hunt in choccy shops for 'templates'. Bugger! looks like i will have to eat more chocolate. Oh well, if I must!

... and then i will take the tree down.
Happy New Year Susan!
xoxo

Merry said...

Oh wow...love both of these creations and the way they came to be. That moon label looks perfect on the card and that sure is a fantastic little box. Our Chrissy decs were packed up this arvo.

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Susan, Great work using your interesting finds......it's funny how we look at things a little harder now....... I really like the card you made for this weeks challenge and your little treat box is so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle.

Trish and Treasure said...

Wow Susan this is fantastic, I love what you've done!!and that Kaiser paper!!
Trish

Andrea said...

How clever to save the tag and use it on your card!! Love the little box as well, a great template!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea

Sue said...

Wow these are both very clever Susan!!! What a brilliant way to use the clothing label and the choccy box is so cute!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle's this week! :)