Tuesday 10 January 2012

Still playin'.........

I was asked to make a card for the son of a friend.  He is working in the mines in WA and drives a Mac Truck.  So, I had a look on the internet, and this is my take on it.


It is mounted on black card and I cut this out for the front part of the truck,and then using an enlarged computer image, I cut this out and coloured it (Copics), and mounted it onto a piece of scrap kraft which had gone through a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I added a sentiment cut using a die, and the numbers are stick-ons, also coloured using Copics! 


You can see it open here


The inside has the same image used as a faded background, with the message printed onto it.  This is mounted on some Pacific Blue (SU) and then onto the Whisper White and then onto the black. Cutting out the shape was not easy. 

I am not sure if it will hold up as the fold is small and fragile.  

I have several photos from around my garden over the last week - it is cold today but has been hot and muggy/steamy lately, not what we are used to and the plants have loved it! 

African Lily

The jungle at the side of the house

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Firstly - fabulous card. What a terrific concept. I have a heap of stamps that I could apply this style of card too. Ta for the inspiration - again.
Secondly - must be nice to stroll through that 'jungle'.
hugs x