Monday 10 September 2012

I am soooo late for this!


Thinking I had a week that I didn't have, I was consequently too late for the start of Unstampabelles new challenge (see details below).  I can only apologise to Merry and the Belles for being so late!

Challenge #15 - Embossing 
We would like to see all your paper creations using embossing.
Remember no stamps (rubber or digital).  

We have had an amendment to the rule concerning sentiments.  This is how the rule reads now:- 

Sentiments - are restricted to the use of, at most, four (4) words only.  The sentiment is not to be the focal point of your creation.  We applaud the use of rub-on's, stickers, punched/diecut letters or handwriting.  Stamps may be used but not encouraged.

This month our fantastic sponsor is Sticker Store.  They have kindly donated a wonderful prize.
The business is located in Adelaide, Australia but their shoppers are from all over the world. Sticker Store have no shops or showrooms to visit so, buying directly on-line from them helps keep their overheads low and the savings get passed on to you.

Plus 10 sheets of acetate which don't show up too well in a photo.

Now, my card for this month's challenge on embossing uses the embossing folders, and some flowers. 


I used all SU card and papers, and a commercial 15 x 15 square base card.  The frame is the Tulip embossing frame from SU and the circle was die cut and them embossed using a Tim Holtz distress folder.  The background paper was put through a Couture folder and the white top was put through a Cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is a rub-on.  The flowers were in a small packet with no makers name on them that I purchased a few months ago. Probably Kaiser. The butterfly is definitely Kaiser. The ribbons are from SU.  I sprayed gold shimmer all over the card and when I took the first photo, the sun was not shining and you can not see it sparkle.  So I took another shot in a different position and the colour changed on me! But you can see the shimmer!


3 comments:

Merry said...

Wonderful card Susan....love all the embossing and those wonderful flowers.

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,love the gorgeous layout.xxx

Anonymous said...

Great card. TFS.