Monday 5 November 2012

Beginning to feel like Alice's rabbit!

Well, I'm late again.  Been making Christmas cards and forgot to put up my post for Unstampabelles - actually, thought I had a few days up my sleeve but there is nothing up there there days but an old hankie and few dead skin cells!

Unstampabelles latest challenge is Challenge #17 - Monochromatic
(mon.o.chro.mat.ic Adjective: Containing or using only one colour.)


Any form of paper creation will be accepted as long as NO STAMPS (Digital or Rubber) have been used.

IDEAS: quilling, parchment, stickers, boxes, books, cards, scrap pages, etc
You can find our rules here for further information.

Our sponsor this month is Cardmaking Online which is an Australian online only business - by not having a retail store, they avoid significant costs such as rent and electricity which enables them to bring you quality products at the lowest possible prices.  They have a wonderful range of cardmaking kits, dies, peel-off stickers, parchment craft materials and much more. 


Cardmaking Online is sponsoring us with a $25.00 gift certificate as our prize for this months challenge.

My contribution this month is using acetate.  I have tried several thing with this before and thought I would have another go - I am not happy with the backing of the acetate; perhaps I should have gone with coloured card rather than white? Maybe a circle or die-cut shape rather than the square of white......I doesn't seem to sit well, but I wanted to cover up the space where you can write your message on the inside so you only see it when you open the card. Anyway......


Rolled roses and die cut leaves - from the same paper range, so why is the bottom one showing bluer than the others? Who knows!


Not quite as blue here but still not aqua-green. I used rub- ons indie the card for sentiments, but really could have put the second one outside on the acetate, if I had thought of it before now!!!!


I used a Martha Stewart border punch and the card stock is SU Whisper White and an old colour Sage Green, which  I really like but cannot get any more. Some aqua pearls and its done. Thanks for looking. 


3 comments:

Merry said...

You crack me up Susan....old hankie and dead skin cells. At least you have started on your Christmas cards. I have stamps out and read for mine. :-) This card is so pretty. Especially like the way you attached the acetate with that pretty border.

JanR said...

So lovely! Acetate cards always look so special.

Sudha said...

Pretty gorgeous. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in