Sunday 24 February 2013

Gingerloft Design Team first burst!




Ribbons and Bows

This is the challenge for Gingerloft this fortnight.  So, shake out those ribbons and make those bows and create!

My card came about because I fell in love with the geisha image from Gingerloft, and couldn't get it out of my head. So I gave in and created a card based around this image. It was a bit hard to add the ribbons/bows but I managed! I started off printing off the image onto XPress Blending card and after letting it dry for at lest half a day, then coloured it up with my Copics.  I used the dot method to create a background for her, added lots of spika pen and edged the image with the back pen.



I then made a stick pin (I was fossicking in the stash and I found the fan and got the snake charm out and then came cross the green-topped stick and decided to add one) with beads and bits and added it to the mix. Then I got out all my Japanese background papers, and had fun trying to decide which one to use - after wasting half an hour I got the hubby to choose one - but I still think it is a bit busy.....mmmmm


I love the snake (dragon) charm - no feet so has to be a snake - and the little fan has been there for a long time as well.  I coloured her up as a traditional geisha, but her lips should be blood red! I have covered them with red spika anyway. 


The kunji (chinese letter symbol) says Congratulations.  Japanese use kunji as their formal writing. Again I have added red spika onto the black.  I added gold spika to the flower, and pink spika to the apple blossom. I mounted the red paper onto black card, and then onto red card folded.  

I will enter this in the following challenges:

No comments: