Monday 3 June 2013

Gingerloft and Critters of the Sea

Hi Peeps:

I have a new card for Gingerloft's latest challenge - wow, we got a lot of entries for our last one (Happy Birthday), so lets see how many people accept the challenge of this theme!

My entry is slightly left of centre - firstly, I really love this simple image of two kids fishing, and secondly........ I cannot think of a second reason! I just love this image. So I made it suit the theme.

I coloured the image by using my Inktense watercolour pencils and just love the brightness of the image.



The two kids are sitting on nothing so I created as place for them to sit - a jetty probably. The white card embossed with bubbles and with TH Peacock Feathers brushed across it is meant to represent the ocean. 


I added the sentiment (Flourish stamps - Time to Play) and tried to make it look like a bubble.  I added the fish charm and set the whole thing onto some Lauderdale paper by Basic Grey (the name of a suburb here) and all that onto a piece of folded card (Bazzil probably). 


The image and the card under it are die cut with a new set I got in Melbourne at the Paperific - called Majestic Elements (love it!)


 Hey Presto - a card! Hope you like it!

I will enter this in the following Challenges:
One Crazy Stamper: Summer Fun - fishing!
Sandy's Crafty Creations: embossed backgrounds
Challenges4Everbody: Anything Goes

4 comments:

frommycraftroom said...

What a great card. Love the image and the die. Thanks.

Sandy Trefger said...

Love the pebbly white embossed background it seems just like a fishing scene should be. Love your card and Thanks for sharing this with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous image! Love the way you colored it and your embossing choice is perfect! TFS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful details, TFS at OCS!