Monday 1 July 2013

Unstampabelles Challenge Blog is 2 years old!



Happy Birthday to Merry and the team!

To celebrate being TWO we - the UnstampaBELLES -  are having a birthday theme. 

There is a BIG prize also being offered for the birthday celebration by myself - I am a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, and so much of the loot being offered here is from Stampin' Up! If you are interested in any SU stuff or information, or want to learn to use the goodies available - let me know by email!


Enough of the advertorial!

My Birthday card says HB in so many ways - without actually using it in the sentiment. I was determined to use up some of the growing pile of left-overs and stash stuff just laying around on my desks (yes, you read it correctly, desks.  I have three and they are all as messy as each other!).


For example I had embossed and die cut some butterflies using some SU Primrose Petals card, and they were just laying there as I had decided not to use them when I actually die cut them for another project. 


There were three LOVE tickets left over from an SU kit I had purchased, as well as a die cut with hearts on the top from this set, with some lace, ribbon and different lace also left over. All this was in a small plastic bag (I was being tidy) and then thrown into a box on the desk for later! The plastic packet also had some left-over buttons from the same kit.


I swished some TH Distress ink around (Salty Ocean) and used a rub-on on the bottom of the diecut, and added a pearl. Thought it still looked a little bare, so added two Prima fleurs. 


The heart is die cut from an SU die and embossed using a Cuttlebug Happy Birthday EF.  I used a left-over piece of card and again smooched it with the TH Distress ink. I had a strip of pink striped paper so just added it to the mix. 


The background is  a piece of linen card which has had a mask laid on it and then TH Distress inks sponged onto it through the mask. I had used one piece of it as the mask is quite large, and this was a left over piece. Once cut to size I rubbed the THDI around the edges on this too. The actual card is a commercial blank.

I added the pearls to the butterflies and the corners, and told myself to stop! Not sure if it is quite finished.  It has been pulled apart three times to date - what's the bet it gets pulled apart again!

Anyway, no stamps but still a Happy Birthday card. Let's see if you can make one without using either a rubber or digital stamp of any kind. If you enter the challenge I may be sending you the parcel of goodies in the photo above!

I will enter this in the following challenges:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Unstampabelles! What a great card. I think it might be enough - but you decide.
Can't imagine 3 desks - one is enough for me to tidy.

Merry said...

I think your card is just wonderful Susan....so much to look at. Thanks so much for being our fantastic sponsor this month.....so wish I could enter. :-) Your card is now up on the Unstampabelles blog post for all to see.

JanR said...

It's wonderful that you were able to use up so many of your scraps. Great card!

Misty's said...

Such a beautiful feast for my eyes this card is, Susan. Loving the choice of all your elements. Love the background you made as well.
Michaela xx