Sunday 8 September 2013

Anything but a card for Gingerloft

Gingerloft has a new challenge and the theme for this fortnight is 
ANYTHING BUT A CARD.

I have decorated a gift bag for this............a commercially purchased bag (Paper Craft UBL).......with some papers from a free set that came with the magazine Creative Cardmaking - Queen Bee Cardmaking Kit. It arrived at just the right moment to assist me!



So, my bag - I used the Gingerloft digi image called Cowgirl, and coloured it with Copics and with my Prisma Pencils as well - having seen a great tutorial on how to give more depth of colour doing this. This was one of my first goes at the trick - I have done other's since - and I was quite pleased with it.  Nowm, afer further experimentation, I look at this and think - should have done this, and that, and added something here.....etc


Anyway, the image is very useful, and combined will with the bee papers:


The sentiment and the bee and flower also come from the bee papers, and the image is mounted on a piece of scrap card - SU Glorious Green

I have been a trifle distracted as hubby has had a trip to hospital on Thursday for day surgery, and then another trip to emergency on Saturday for what has turned out to be an infection as a result of the Thursday surgery. Five hours in emergency - OMG - thank goodness for my Kindle!  Hubby is much better now thank goodness, but today was a bit slow for us both and I ended up doing some coaching this afternoon for a Sociology assignment as well, so time was fairly scarce! Friday I had to take my car in to have the passenger side airbag replaced on a recall, and as I had to go to the city, and leave it there for three hours, I took the opportunity to do some personal shopping - and came home with lots of bags of goodies!

Life is always full of twists and turns - I guess as long as it is proceeding, that's all you can ask! Better than the alternative! 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great gift bag.

Hope your hubby is up and about again soon. Better busy than bored I say - or the alternative!

lostinpaper said...

Love the bag Susan, great combination of stamps and papers! Glad to hear that your hubby is getting better, I had post op complications earlier this year and it's a total drag (I work in A&E and luckily I was back at work when I got sick so my wait wasn't 5 hours lol).

Merry said...

Well I am slow catching up here Susan but I hope your husband is very well now. Bit of a scare. Wonderful bag you have created.