Sunday 23 February 2014

Challenge #64 - Spooling at the Squirrel and the Fox



Over at the Squirrel and the Fox they have asked us to use SPOOLING in our challenge!  "What is THAT?" I thought.

One dictionary says:
noun
1.
any cylindrical piece or device on which something is wound.
2.
a small cylindrical piece of wood or other material on which yarn is wound in spinning, for 
use in weaving; a bobbin.
3.
a small cylinder of wood or other material on which thread, wire, or tape is wound, typically expanded or with a rim at each end and having a hole lengthwise through the center.
4.
the material or quantity of material wound on such a device.
5.
Angling. the cylindrical drum in a reel that bears the line.


I am taking the meaning from number 4 as my meaning of SPOOLING and so I will use RIBBON!!!


Make it Crafty is sponsoring this challenge.
Make it Crafty
Make it Crafty is supplying two prizes for this challenge: 
One for the winner and and one for those using an MIC image.
How good is that!

Both prizes are a AU$10 voucher to spend in the online store.


I printed off the image onto XPress Blending card and coloured it up with my trusty Copic pens. However this time, the image was not trimmed from the sheet of card, but the card itself was folded to create a card. This way I had a very CAS style card! It has already been sold for would you believe a 50th Wedding Anniversary - I had to add an inner with a message Congratulating the happy couple! I was told - not fussy and a nature card, so I showed them a few Anniversary cards but they picked this one from the other pile! 


There are several bugs and I tried to highlight them with smooch! Can you find the snail and the butterflies?


Hope there are lots of those for you - Happy Day's that is; the sentiment comes from SU's set by the same name.  My ribbon (SU) was threaded through the card and I cut the slots with a small punch SU had put out several years ago but which is now discontinued. If you look carefully you will notice that the card above has the sentiment stamped directly onto the card - and that it is crooked. I had to quickly find a way to cover the mistake and so I die cut a label and stamped that, and then gently added some red ink to the edges and added it to the card with dimensionals. So, it is no longer a one-layer card but it is still CAS. 


So, that is my card for the Squirrel and the Fox Challenge 64.  You should go visit the site and see what the other girls on the team have made - it will astound you; so much talent in this team! I look forward to seeing what you can create when SPOOLING!

I will enter this in the following:
CMC Copic Challenge: Anything Goes
The Kraftyhands Challenge: Spring flowers - our poppies come in spring and get blown to bits before they can give a really good show, poor things!
The Outlawz: Flowers
Di's Digi Designs: Tic Tac Toe: mine is digi/ribbon/flowers






4 comments:

frommycraftroom said...

Lovely card. TFS.

Joey said...

Susan this is beautiful, gorgeous scene. Thanks for joining us at Kraftyhands. Joey xx

Kim said...

Gorgeous card. thanks for the spooling lesson too haha. Glad you joined in our challenge at CMC.

Linny said...

Such a pretty card. the poppies are delightful. thank you for joining us at Kraftyhands challenge. Linda x