Sunday 16 March 2014

Tag- You're IT!

I played with some TH Distress inks and big tags - this is the result!


I was attempting to use some Textured paste I has purchased before Christmas and some other stuff I got just after to see what they were like. Decor Art Dimensional Effects and Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium - Gold Shine. The idea was to use some of the different masks I have got recently as well, but they are a bit big still for me to get my head around, so I chose to die-cut into a thickish card and use the result to create my texture on the tags. I found the die cuts worked fine (they came from MFT) and I used a small palette knife to smooth through some of the paste - it looks like toothpaste but less wet - through the cuts and then also added the Sparkle medium too - Yum effect! I just threw out the resultant die-cut mess after I had finished and washed off the silicon sheet! Hardly got dirty hands at this stage!!


You have to leave them for at least four hours to dry - mine were left overnight - and then I started to smooch on the Distress Inks - the card the tags were made of just took these beautifully. I did get inky fingers here as I couldn't be bothered putting on some rubber gloves! A stamp and a bit of German Scrap, a tag and some ribbon and a metal charm.  The rim on the circle and the charm were silver so I took to them with my old Krylon gold pen. You can see both die-cuts represented here.  I added a piece of scrap card behind the tag to allow a message to be written on it and to cover up the ink that soaked through. Did this on all three. A bit of TH Block Soot was also smudged around the edges. 



One of the tags had been swiped through some Gesso - just the top part - before I decided that wasn't a good idea, and the card from the die-cut stuck to this wet patch but it produced a great result so it was a good mistake! It has a different look to other two. I will use Gesso more now I know what the effect is but the need to dry it a bit more is important!


Here there are thee tags and a topper added.  I stamped Fabulous from LOTV onto a piece of Prima packaging, using TH Barn Door Distress ink, and smeared around some of this and some of the Black Soot again.  I smeared two smaller white tags with the distress inks and then stamped them with a swirl stamp and Black Soot ink. They were added with a sparkly split pin. The topper was off-set and the tag had a bit of gold seam binding added. 


The last one was just paste onto the tag, dried and then sponged with TH distress inks and stamped with a WMS fleur-de-lis stamp in Black Soot. I added a bookplate to this with a piece of card smooched with inks and stamped with a small stamp from an old SU set One of a Kind


I had a bit of bling that sort-of matched the fleur-de-lis so added it! It's from the stash!


WMS frame stamp and some feathers, and a big gold split pin! I rubbed some more of the Sparkle Medium between the lines of the dimensional paste to make it stand out more as well and again smooched the black ink a bit. Not to sure about the ribbon on this - may change it to a red ribbon! I had fun and they are not too bad. 

Voila! Three birthday tags!

I will enter these in the following challenges:
Altered Eclectics: Anything Goes
A Vintage Journey: Challenge 1 - I feel this is a bit cheeky as mine is so basic but I have put it out there anyway!



7 comments:

Merry said...

Sounds like a lot of fun Susan. Thanks for writing it all up as I have looking at modelling paste or something like that for texture. Great colours too.

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and beautiful tags Susan.

gr karin

Anonymous said...

Love your tags, great colours.

Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

Moira DT xx

Anonymous said...

These are great. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic backgrounds on your tags Susan. Karen.x

Brenda Brown said...

What a super collection of tags with beautiful colours and effects. Thanks for travelling on A Vintage Journey and sharing your gorgeous card with us.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Beccalite said...

Gorgeous tags, such a wonderful array of colours.

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 2nd Challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx (DT Member)