..........and at Crafting with Dragonflies we are getting ready for Easter - or for some of you, Spring. However, in Tasmanian, despite the fact that it was 31 degrees yesterday and the hottest April day on record to date, we are tumbling fast into autumn!
Challenge # 23 : Easter : Card or anything
Bugaboo prize - 7 images of winner's choice
As we have two sponsors and they both supplied some fabulous images for us to use, so I made two items - a basket especially to hold chocolate, and a card. Each uses an image from each sponsor.
Some die-cut frames (Spellbinders), some Copics and some freebie papers from a magazine - I know I have 12 x 12 Easter papers somewhere but I cannot find them.............
The two words are rub-ons that have been floating around on my work desk for 12 months waiting for next Easter!! Guess that has arrived.
The card is SU Daffodil Delight with SU Real Red behind the frames.
My basket is a copy of one I saw in a local magazine last month (Australian Papercraft Essentials) and decided I would have a go at making it. There were some instructions and a sketch of the pattern so I defied my lack of spacial awareness and created it!
This is Squigglefly's image - cute eh! They had two - reverse images, so I printed them both off and coloured them up (Copics) together and added one to each side of the basket.
The card used is SU Crushed Curry. The base of the basket is 6 x 6 cm, and the sides are all 7.5 cm tall. I started with a square 21 x 21 cm, and ruled lines at the 7.5cm in from each side of the card on all faces. This gave me a 6cm base. I marked 2 cm either side of the 7.5 cm point ad then ruled from this to the base - this flared out the sides of the basket. I added some flaps onto the 'top' and 'bottom' sides (as I was looking at the square) and then trimmed out the excess card. I then used SU Red Tape (Sticky Strip) to bring the sides together, with the flaps inside. I cut panels for the 4 sides, and embossed them using an SU embossing folder and then added a punched border (Martha Stewart). I embossed the strip I used for the handle too. This was stuck to the outside of the basket before the panel was added!
Some ribbon, some flowers, some die cut foliage, and a chicken finished off the basket and 200 grams of Lintd chocolate balls were added to the basket!
Already sold, with an order to make three more!
I will enter these in the following challenges:
City Crafter: Easter - the basket
Cuttlebug Mania: Make us Smile - the card: Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles
Classy Cards: a fun image - the card
Aud Sentiments: Easter - the basket