Wednesday 9 July 2014

Crafting with Dragonflies Challenge #30: CAS

Crafting with Dragonflies has a new Challenge!



Challenge #30

CAS in a CARD

This challenge requires us to create a CARD in the CAS style......so, what is CAS? I went to the blogspot Addicted to CAS for a definition, as I know this site well and love the work that frequently appears on it - I would love to be as good as they are! According to the experts it is:


CAS is an acronym for "Clean and Simple".
This means that you must create a project with very few embellishments (I know it's hard), clean lines and lots of 'white' space.
White space just means an area of your card with nothing on it at all. It doesn't have to be 'white'. It could be brown, pink or red. Any colour as long as there is lots of SPACE.



Our sponsor for this is 
Pickled Potpourri Designs

 the prize is $7 gift certificate for the winner!

I used one of their images called Beehive.


I coloured it with my Copics after printing it out on XPress Blending card, and then fussy cut it - oh my hands!


As it was meant to not have layers, I used my Copic Spray system to create the background - I masked off the lower half and sprayed B34 for the sky, and reversed it and sprayed G63 for the ground. I tried to be a bit artistic with the grass and 'clump' it for texture. Not sure if that worked but.....


When I purchased this set it came with the very cute bees, a butterfly and the snail - I didn't use the butterfly! Again, they are fussy cut - again, my poor hands! I think I am due for some new scissors!

The bees and the snail are popped-up on dimentionals. If you consider the scene for a moment you will wonder why the hive is sort-of sitting onthe ground rather than swinging from the tree branch - the answer is - it fell out of my hands while I was about the position it and so it had to be exactly where is is - my position is that is why the snail looks a bit amazed!! So he/it/she should! Fancy something like a hive suddenly plopping down beside you from the tree branch where it had been handing carefreely all this time........

So, why not go and see the other CAS work over at Crafting with Dragonflies - lovely work it is too. The DT have done an amazing job of  creating CAS cards for your inspiration.  Looking forward to seeing what you can create too!

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Through the Craftroom Door: anything goes - ends 15 July
Card Galore encore: use a rubber or digi stamp - ends 31st July
Lia Stampz: no patterned paper - ends 15th July
Scribble and Scrap: anything goes - ends 19th July










8 comments:

Alyx said...

Love this...so clean and fabby! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation, love this colour combo and the gorgeous image.xx
♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Anonymous said...

I like the grass. Great story about the hive falling and the little stunned snail.

Sandra said...

great card and beautiful coloring!!
beautiful image too!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
Hugs,Sandra

Nancy said...

Fabulous card, Susan! Great colouring! Thanks for joining us at Lia Stampz! :o)

Michelle said...

Hi Susan - this is a gorgeous CAS card - lovely subject and your colouring is fantastic. Thank you for joining my blog - Im so happy to have you as a follower and I am now a happy follower of yours - Michelle x

Unknown said...

Great card, lovely image, coloured perfectly. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use A Stamp Or Digi #7 and Good Luck!

Diane said...

What a darling design Susan.

Hugs Diane