Monday 18 August 2014

Midpost over at the 'Belles - a Significant Birthday

The August challenge at Unstampabelles this time is A Significant Birthday 
and the TWIST is to use/make a SHAPED CARD.



They are sponsored for August by the wonderful

Regal Craft
and the prize is
$15.00 voucher to be spent in their on-line store!

I made a male card - although it could be for either sex! It does not have a significant age on it yet, but this can be added above the sentiment, which is a sticker




The card is supposed to be in the shape of a carpenter's pouch to attach to the belt. I found something similar on Pinterest, and readjusted it to suit.  I used my new tool dies from Die-Namics, and die cut two sets in SU black and silver card before adding them together; and some Bazzil card for the pouch itself.  I really just flew by the proverbial seat of the pants to put it together and it was quite easy to do.


 My shape is not that different to a normal rectangle card, as you can see here. There is an inset under the top layer with a sentiment and space to write a note. I created faux stitching by punching a line of holes and then drawing a line with a fine line pen. I used brads for studs. I also smooched a bit of Vintage Photo (TH Distress ink) around the whole to make it look a bit old and worn. I also smooched that onto my "ribbon" tape. 


I hope you like it and will be inspired to create your own Significant Birthday card for someone, and make it a shaped card for some added interest, and to meet the TWIST!

I will enter this in the following challenges:

2 comments:

SD pooja said...

Its Wonderful masculine card !

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Amazing attention to detail.