Wednesday 29 October 2014

Challenge #38: Dragonfly!

Challenge #38 over at Crafting with Dragonflies this time is to create anything BUT a card, and incorporate in it a Dragonfly! By now you might have worked out that Hilde, our fearless leader, LOVES Dragonflies - so much so that she is offering a digi image on the blog for those who may not have one in their own stash!


This is not Hildes, but is from a freebie stamp set from a magazine - and is by Indigo Blue! All the images in my project are from this set today. My dragonfly has also been stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black twice, one fussy cut out and layered over the top, and then painted with a lovely sparkly silver from Wink of Stella!


I also used ribbon from the stash; a piece of Rich Razzleberry card from SU and some glitter!



Great sentiment eh!


Love the weedy garden patch - looks like mine! I used a Spellbinders Edge to cut the fancy design, and as I had put Jac paper behind after cutting it out,  to make securing it easier, I used the sticky service to layer up some lovely purple glitter - it looks fabulous in the light!


Can you guess what my project is? Clue: it is not a card


I have some lovely small white lunch sacks bought at the $2 shop one day - perfect to be decorated up for a gift bag!


That's it!

Time for you to go and visit the rest of the girls at Crafting with Dragonflies and to make something other than a card for your gift stash - you can make or repurpose a box, decorate an item.........your call! As long as it is not a card. 

I will enter this in the following challenge:


2 comments:

CG said...

Oh my gosh, I love this Indigo Blue set! My Mom just sent it to me, and after many failed attempts I haven't been able to use it (some cards come together, some don't!) But I love how you've used it...with my favorite color too! The dragonfly looks beautiful. Best, CG

Anonymous said...

What a great gift bag. Not usually my fav colour but it looks great here.