Sunday 22 February 2015

Men's cards.....and other things

Hello everyone - and welcome to the newest followers

I have been trying to clean up my workspace and trying to make sense of all the stash. You know how you accumulate stuff - particularly the freebies from magazines - and other stuff you purchased for a specific idea, and then had some leftovers to deal with?

Well, I have been trying to use up all this stuff or pack it up to give away or throw it out  - relax, little has actually been thrown out!


This male card was one result - the image and sentiment is from Acid Drops and Whatknots. I purchased several sheets of images and sayings - especially Christmas ones - and I may have also got a sheet or two of non-Christmas ones too because they made me laugh.......that's my excuse....and this image is from one such sheet. I really like to others, but the sentiment going with this one was not what I would use, so I fussy cut the young man out and just used that. Also while trawling through the internet I saw a card with the die cut edge and suitable papers underneath - it was a very girly card - and I thought it would work with any colour combo. So, SU Soft Suede card,and paper from my stash, plus a button and some string and some bling. All on a black commercial card blank from Regal Craft. Took me about 10 minutes to make!

I will enter this in the following:
Sister Act: Anything Goes
Scrap and Craft: Anything Goes

The following two are me just showing off as they are very accurately CASed from the magazine where I got the freebie stamp from - Craft Stamper.


A Project Life postcard, SU stamp (Good Greetings) and a black card blank. Washi tape is used for the flags. I paper pieced the camera and added some gloss to the heart and some bling to the flags.I did create some shadow with a Copic grey pen.

The second card is so copied but it looks so good, I thought I would show it off anyway. A die cut film strip, the stamp coloured with Copics and an SU sentiment stamp (Happy Day - masked) and while the original used green acyrlic paint smeared across, I used a Gelato crayon. I used a corner punch to round the corners of the card too. The lens on the camera is glossed with SU Crystal Effects. 


4 comments:

CG said...

Hi Susan! Hope you are doing well. These cards are wonderful. You are so good at CAS. Best, CG

Suzi Mac said...

A fabulous masculine Birthday card. Thank you for coming over to play at Scrap & Craft. Good luck! Hugs Suzi x

Anonymous said...

What great cards. Love the masculine one - only 10 minute make! Fabulous result.
Have fun sorting and storing - don't envy you that job :)

Merry said...

Really lovely cards Susan, that die cut on the male card is really effective.