Monday 13 July 2015

A Screen Full of Flowers

My card for the current challenge at Unstampabelles this week is one of the very trendy Screen Cards I have been seeing all over Facebook and the internet!



You use a rectangle fancy die or a punch to cut the "legs" of the screen 
(my die was from Stampin' Up). 

Mine was decorated with large Gerbera flowers - from a Spellbinder's die


I did sponge in a background of sky and grass,and add a few other dies of leaves and vines
I also embossed some black sparkles into the heads of my flowers


I had some stick-on clouds so added them too


The card is meant to stand as a frieze screen and can have 3 or 4 leaves to it - I used 3!


This is the back view - the centre has a place to write my Greeting - it was a birthday card for a friend who loves to garden. 

I hope you like my garden this week

Before I go I will tell you about a reunion I had today with four other 'girls' whom I worked with over 36 years ago - we were all housemistresses together in a boarding house for country girls attending Yr 11/12 in the city. We were only young ourselves then, and had lots of good and fun times together. One of our group was present today only through Skype as she lives in the UK. The rest of us were together and we had all provided food for a scrumptious lunch beforehand, followed by the skyping session. For Marysia in the UK it was only 5.30 am!!! However, it was a fabulous idea and a great meeting up, and I am so please technology had allowed us to do this - it was great to catch up and see each other again after so long and hopefully, there will other times in the future no so far apart in time. Here's hoping you all get together with friends and family and have an enjoyable time too - with or with out Skype!

Cheers,



2 comments:

Shylaashree said...

Gorgeous Gerbaras Susan, your friend might have loved this gift.

Anonymous said...

Great screen card.
How much fun it must have been to get together. I have several groups which meet up on a regular basis and it is always loud and full of laughing.