Sunday 18 October 2015

Dragging my Heels.....


I am a bit slow of the mark making my Christmas cards this year - lots of ideas and things to use but just not that terribly excited about making them yet........

However, I saw one card in a magazine and was intrigued to make it - I didn't have the exact die but I did have a Memory Box one that would do the trick and so I used it x 2 to replicate the Christmas trees. I also die cut the bottom of the die twice to get brown tree stumps!



I took a strip of scrap white card and quickly used my Tim Holtz paint dabbers to create the striped colours. I die cut this twice.

I also die cut a piece of white card twice - and removed the insets


Then it was the fiddly job of replacing the rainbow striped  pieces for the removed white inset pieces

I swirled some TH ink around with water and 'painted' it onto the sheet of plain white card, aded the trees over the top and stamped the sentiment - SU and very old and no longer available.


You can see the one I CASED it from on the right
Now I know what to do, I could make a few of thee up quickly, using different colours on the trees perhaps.......simple and clean and easy to post!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous CASEd card. Love the bright colours you have chosen.
UM I must really be dragging my feet! I've made a few tags and that is all.