Monday 6 June 2016

Challenge #59 at Unstampabelles for June

Hello - a new challenge at Unstampabelles and it is 

 Pocket Letters/Books or Gift Card Holders 
TWIST include a crown

This die is the (random selection) prize


I chose to make a Pocket Book using a sheet of 12 x 12 Designer Paper (SU)

I probably should not have used that DP and gone for a thicker more card-like one as this DP is a little flimsy for the work required of it.

I got my recipe for this from CC on YouTube

I also forgot to take pictures in the early stages
However, after following her instructions I got to my folds and created a booklet with eight (8) pages and each page had a small pocket in it to add either an image or similar - I planned to add a tag to each pocket


This is what it looks like before the spine goes on - note that the middle section is glued together


This is creating the spine from card


Once the spine was on, I set about making the tags


You can decorate these anyway you want of course, depending on their use


It stands only 4 inches tall


Four sections, two tags each section


I tried to tie ribbon around aas a closure but it was fiddly, 'cause I didn't do it before I put the spine on, which would have been a much better idea, and more tidy.  Then I found an elastic hair band in the exact pink shade I needed - yyyeeessssss!


It was too wet to photograph outside so I took the shots on my desk but the colours are a bit wonky!

Anyway, this is a mini pocket album, with tags, ready to go
It could be a specific organiser - say individualised for Christmas for present ideas for family members,  or organisation for an event.

 Easy to use and then to so store or throw away at the end. 

Let's see what you come up with using the theme 'pockets'!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I'm thinking this would be a great card idea for a special birthday - we are still in 21st mode! Love the practical hair tie much easier than ribbon.

Wynn said...

This is a great challenge Susan. Sorry my post has gone up a wee bit late. My son is visiting and time has flown away!! Sorry. It's up now tho . Great project. Hugs Wynn xx