Sunday 12 June 2016

Stop Press: Dragonflies Challenge wants Dragonflies (or Butterflies)!

Yes, you read that correctly


Crafting with Dragonflies has a new challenge



It is to make a card with a dragonfly (or a butterfly) as the main focus


Here you are Hilde..............

Again, I am late - it seems to be a constant with me lately and I hate it!

However, finally got it completed and photographed:


I smeared ink onto a surface sheet, spritzed with water and laid the watercolour paper over it swiping the card through the  wet ink to get a graduated background to represent ground and sky - sorta!

Stamped on some foliage with Stazson black ink and coloured with the SU markers
I used SU inks and the stamp sets are two new ones from the catty
Fabulous Flora and Flowering Fields

There was a bit of masking there too
The sentiment is from the first set
The dragonfly is a cheapie from a $2 shop - I had a sheet of three in varying sizes


Light hitting the card in a different direction shows the colours in the dragonfly winds


The photo below shows the card under lamp light but you can see the Wink of Stella sparkle better on all the flowers


Mounted onto a red card and then onto a piece of Bermuda Bay card for the blank.

Please go to Crafting with Dragonflies to see what else has been created by the excellent (and punctual) design team

PS: Hilde LOVES Dragonflies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. I think I have a dragonfly or two!