Saturday 20 May 2017

Bomdiggity........it's time for.....


Hilde has asked us this time to use an animal in our card. 

I have several of the Tim Holtz Crazy Animal sets so I decided that I would use one of those.
Which one?

That decision took way too long....



Then in my mind's eye I had planned out a background, with some masking to happen and some subtle colouring and a funny saying to top it all off.
(Suzy's Stamps)



Why do these things never look like what I could see in my head?
The background is  a street scene from SU's Mediterranean Moments
and it is lightly coloured with pencils

Never mind, here it is:


He is decoupaged as well (just one layer)


These is subtle sparkle on his nose, tongue and ears but you cannot see it because I had to shoot this photo inside - it's too dark and cold out there by now....

(I will try for a better one in daylight!!)


So bomdiggityshizznit - that's all folks!

Your turn to showcase the animals for this fortnight at 


Psssttt - took another today in the rain and daylight


Better idea of the colours 


Here you can see the sparkle - subtle but there

I am entering this in the Southern Girls Challenge: Show sparkle
Also in 2 Crafty Critter Crazies: have a critter
Pile it on:  animals

Realised I didn't have a Tassie photo for you either today so added this one
This is Sammi Seal who lives in Constitution Dock, Hobart


Photo by the amazing Greg Faull






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab card. Love the use of the background stamp and the touch of sparkle. Glad you got round to getting the extra pics - worth the effort shows your work much better.

NanaConnie said...

Adorable pup, Susan! Loving the idea of the sparkle on his eyes and tongue. :-D Thanks so much for playing along and supporting our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Helen said...

Fab card - love that crazy dog!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x