Monday 8 May 2017

Week Two for Unstampabelle's and the May challenge

#68 Layering and Borders

TWIST use a border punch/die (or two)


Today has been a quiet day - the weather outside is cold and overcast, without rain as yet. We are enjoying a visit from the son and also recovering from a lovely day out on Friday at Agfest.  We went to Launceston the day before - yes, took us a long time and the roadworks are infuriating but I can only imagine how much better that road will be as a result, so guess it is worth it. We stayed at a beautiful hotel for one night (The Clarion) and enjoyed a dinner for two in their restaurant. I then enjoyed a fabulous spa bath and another glass of white wine along with my book before going to bed. 

Up early, we arrived in the early morning and had breakfast at the venue. The whole thing is laid out as a huge village - four streets deep and twelve streets wide. This photo might assist you in seeing what it was like - a small part of the site.....

We spend lots of money but didn't actually find the begonia's I was looking for (got them there last visit) so might have to go to a nursery for the new ones. I didn't use my camera until we were leaving - forgot I had it really - and so I missed so many great shots, but here are a few that give a bit of a flavor of the day. 


Guess I should move on to encouraging you all to enter the lastest challenge at 


There is always a random number prize each month



Couture Creations Dies
(New )


I made a card for the week:

I used one of my paper images I have in my stash. 


Plus some dies from Spellbinders
Radiant Rectangles Nestabilities
These created the borders as well as providing layers


There are six layers in total plus the flowers.


Very Vanilla card, sparkly card, gold card, VV card again and the photo


I added three small roses and puts some glitz on them as well


Taken inside on the table with the lamp shine on the black wood


Taken outside with the natural light
Layering can create some very pretty effects

Now it's your turn to layer and add a border effect. 



2 comments:

Shylaashree said...

great view of the market. the is so adorable with layers susan

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Like the spa/wine/book/market.
Your card is gorgeous love all the layers.