Monday 21 August 2017

Midway at Unstampabelles


‘There’s something about staring deep into the unknown’ 

A brilliant capture of our Milky Way from St Helens, near Peron Dunes, thanks to Adrian Speers.

www.instagram.com/speers_images


Time to stare into the unknown and start to create a collage!

Over at Unstampabelles , they are asking that you 

Collage, collage, collage...

TWIST venture into multi- media too


Random Number Prize

Collage  is a technique of an art production, primarily used in the visual arts, where the artwork is made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole.
A collage may sometimes include magazine and newspaper clippingsribbonspaint, bits of colored or handmade papers, portions of other artwork or texts, photographs and other found objects, glued to a piece of paper or canvas. 

So I made a couple of cards to showcase how to use both a collage technique and multimedia in the same card. I tried to keep this fairly simple as I wanted to not scare off crafters from entering - they find it difficult enough to create without using stamps!

In the first one, I torn random pieces of scrap paper I had kept and used them to create a backdrop. the sky was from using Dylusional sprays on another project.  I then used some texture paste and a stencil to create the sun, by adding some TH Wild Honey paint into the paste first to colour the rays. The centre of the sun is kiddie glitz glue.

I die cut a branch from some music sheets, and added the leaves and birds.
My sentiment is also diecut


In the second one, I used my Dylusional paints to create a backdrop and then die cut the trees from the music sheet and glued it on top


Two Christmas cards done!

It doesn't have to be that difficult to mix collage and multimedia - I got my inspiration from Pinterest but neither card looks like the card I got the inspiration from - it was merely the starter for the journey.

You can go to UNSTAMPABELLES and enter your contribution by the end of the month!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two great cards. There really is no wrong way to do this - I had to just make a start!